What is Integrated Treatment?
All of our facilities – from residential treatment centers like Malibu’s The Canyon, Palm Springs’ Michael’s House and Memphis’ La Paloma to our primary outpatient facility in Atlanta – rely on the integrated treatment model as the basis of their programs.
Proven through 11 federally funded research studies, the FRN treatment model makes clients twice as likely to experience continuing sobriety one year post-treatment compared to the national average of traditional programs.
Integrated Treatment Infographic
Learn more about Integrated Treatment and the latest statistics.Download Infographic
The Case for Integrated Treatment, by the numbers:
- More than 50% of those who abuse drugs are believed to all have at least one significant mental illness as well.
- More than 35% of alcoholics have at least one mental illness.
- Almost a third of all individuals with a mental illness also have a substance abuse problem.
- Prison systems have a significant number of dual diagnosis patients under lock and key. Research has found that over 20% off those currently residing in the United States prison system could be classified as dual diagnosis.
- Dual diagnosis patients are at a high risk for suicide. Studies have found that those with co-occurring disorders commit suicide at a rate much higher than those with just an addiction or mental illness alone.