Our state-of-the-art inpatient treatment facilities across the country are dedicated to treating both the mind and body for all disorders. Our motivational approach, incorporating 12-Step principles, has garnered advancement in recovery rates. Because of these improvements, our program has earned countless awards and honors for effective client-driven outcomes that preserve the dignity of our clients and improve their quality of life.
Our Inpatient Treatment Facilities
We have three inpatient treatment facilities:
The Canyon – Malibu, CA
|About The Canyon|
Michael’s House – Palm Springs, CA
|About Michael’s House|
La Paloma – Memphis, TN
|About La Paloma|
Our inpatient programs also have the flexibility and focus to address whatever stage of recovery our client is in even if the stage of mental health recovery does not match with the stage of addiction recovery. The use of motivational services based on the client’s stage of readiness will promote engagement, retention and solid long-term recovery outcomes. This sets our program apart from other treatment options.
- Integrated treatment for substance use and co-occurring mental health issues with plans customized to each individual
- Clinically supervised detox and partial hospitalization programs
- Individual and group therapy, including specialty and process groups
- Quality care focused on the development of constructive life skills
- Diverse educational groups, including trauma resolution, healthy boundaries, codependency, anger management, and managing mood, grief/loss, stress
- Family therapy, including family weekends with educational healing programs
- Comprehensive addiction assessment and psychiatric evaluation
- Physician-directed medication management
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy using a stages-of-change approach
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Relapse prevention and continuing care planning for long-term success
- Psychoeducational and experiential sessions
- Step-down programs available through our outpatient facilities
- Intervention assistance, sober escort and travel support services
- Alumni program and nationwide Heroes in Recovery community
- Delicious, nutritious food provided by onsite executive chefs
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Ropes courses, weight rooms and hiking trails
- Equine therapy and other holistic treatments, such as yoga, acupuncture and massage therapy
- Meditation and lounge areas
- Swimming pools and spas
- Modern, comfortable accommodations
The Foundations Difference: Individualized Plans, Integrated Treatment
With a staff specially trained in the FRN model of treatment, our facilities are able to create an individualized treatment program for each client. Our integrated treatment options ensure that each client receives comprehensive, individualized care to meet their specific needs. Because conditions of our clients vary, our wide range of services meets each person at their unique level of readiness to recover.
Treating the Whole Person: Integrated Treatment
Proven through 11 federally funded research studies, the FRN treatment model makes clients twice as likely to experience continuing sobriety one year post-treatment compared to the national average of traditional programs.
- More than 50% of those who abuse drugs are believed to all have at least one significant mental illness as well.
- More than 35% of alcoholics have at least one mental illness.
- Almost a third of all individuals with a mental illness also have a substance abuse problem.
- Prison systems have a significant number of dual diagnosis patients under lock and key. Research has found that over 20% off those currently residing in the United States prison system could be classified as dual diagnosis.
- Dual Diagnosis patients are at a high risk for suicide. Studies have found that those with co-occurring disorders commit suicide at a rate much higher than those with just an addiction or mental illness alone.
In addition to our integrated treatment approach, we treat the whole person in another way—by focusing on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs. When we look at all aspects of a patients’ lives and help them find their own paths, we set them up for success and sustainable recovery.
No Addiction is the Same – So Why are Addicts Treated the Same?
Traditional programs with a one-size-fits-all treatment plan tend to put all patients in the same box. But if each addiction is different, how can this cookie-cutter approach address all the needs of the individual? The answer is that it can’t—and that’s why Foundations Recovery Network ascribes to the idea of making a customized treatment plan for each person who enters our programs. We achieve this in a variety of ways.
Comprehensive Behavioral Health Assessments
First, we take comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and addiction assessments, making sure that we have a complete history for the individual and context for his or her issues. We also want to make a proper diagnosis, which some patients have never had. All the circumstances surrounding a person’s condition and his or her physical and emotional history can contribute to his or her concerns, and we want to ensure that we have all the right information in order to assist individuals in their recovery process.
Motivational Interviewing Using a Stages-of-Change Approach
We also use a technique called Motivational Interviewing to enable patients to become a partner in their own treatment and recovery journey. By focusing on the goals, hopes, needs and wants of the individual, we can inspire them to move forward, and then track their progress using a stages-of-change approach.
We have a philosophy of treatment called patient-centered care, which means that we are fully dedicated to the needs, personal goals and long-term success of the individual. Healing is in everything we do—from our premier integrated treatment approach down to every detail of our services, such as our restorative environment, engaging activities and comprehensive therapeutic programs. In 2011, FRN received the James W. West Quality Award from the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers for our patient-centered care initiative.
These are only a few of the ways that we are able to create customized plans for each person. Our inpatient treatment programs are geared toward meeting patients where they are from every angle, and our integrated treatment approach is evidence-based and proven through our research outcomes.