About The Canyon at Santa Monica
The Canyon at Santa Monica Outpatient Brochure
Download The Canyon at Santa Monica Outpatient brochure to learn
more about the facility and treatment programs.
Residential Rehabilitation Options
- We provide excellent entry-level treatment. The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program provides high quality entry-level treatment that will not disrupt an individual’s daily life.
- We help those stepping down from residential treatment. When recently discharged from a residential treatment facility, individuals often wish to continue their recovery program with less structured therapy in a real-life setting. The Canyon at Santa Monica allows them to do this, offering a number of effective services that can help individuals maintain their sobriety.
- We can work in collaboration with other providers. Some patients have been supported by individual therapists, family therapists, life coaches, interventionists, employee assistance program providers or legal support prior to their admission. The Canyon at Santa Monica’s team works with these individuals to maintain already established supportive relationships for successful, lasting recovery.
All treatment is not created equal. Our integrated program has been specifically designed to meet the multifaceted recovery needs of individuals with co-occurring issues, both mental health and addiction, which impact the whole person—mind, body and spirit. The Canyon at Santa Monica employs a variety of evidence-based treatment practices, and research has proven that our patients are more than twice as likely to maintain sobriety one year after treatment than those who attend traditional programs. While the goal is always the same—wellness—we use a variety of methods to help you achieve this end result. Services range from individual psychoeducational groups and process therapy groups to a wide range of holistic offerings that support overall health and healing. Additional offerings like our vocational counseling, educational assistance, multi-family intensive weekend group and professionals’ group make The Canyon at Santa Monica unique.
- Customized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Comprehensive addiction assessment and consulting psychiatry services
- Individual sessions with a board-certified consulting psychiatrist specializing in co-occurring disorders
- Full-panel drug screening upon admission and periodic random drug tests
- Primary therapy with a licensed mental health professional
- Specialty groups including those that focus on trauma resolution, healthy relationships, mood and anger management, life skills and more
- Motivational Interviewing using a stages-of-change approach
- Mindfulness and DBT groups
- Medication management directed by consulting physicians
- Relapse prevention and 12-Step modality groups
- Weekly aftercare groups and an active alumni organization for continued support
- Vocational counseling, educational assistance and professionals group
- Couple and family counseling, including monthly family weekend events and educational healing programs
Features & Amenities
- Centrally located in the heart of West Los Angeles with easy access from the 10 and 405 freeways
- A full program of holistic services performed on site including massage, expressive arts, yoga, acupuncture, chiropractic care and nutritional consultation
- Partnerships with local sober living homes
- We accept out-of-network insurance upon certification of benefits and continued utilization review
- We have a dedicated phone line for alumni, which they can call to refer loved ones or get an assessment for readmission.
Educational and Process Groups
We have a number of educational and process groups that patients can participate in, including music therapy, sobriety management, life skills, emotional technology, yoga, healthy relationships, seeking safety, mood and anger management and more. Our goal is to help individuals sort through important issues while developing new habits and skills that will facilitate long-term recovery. The diversity of our groups highlights our focus on treating the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Multi-Family Weekend Group
Our multi-family intensive weekend group is a two-day program for patients, spouses, parents, siblings and partners. It consists of five elements:
1. Assessments of patients and family members for their need and readiness to accept changes in their lives.
2. Group therapy to help the family to realize that they are not alone in their experiences and that they can set healthy boundaries for themselves.
3. A structured intervention that allows participants, with the support and guidance of a trained clinician, to share how the addiction-related behaviors have impacted their relationships.
4. Informal interaction with other family members. While this element may seem inconsequential, we believe that it is a vital element for success. When family members share intimate information with one another they are more apt to trust and bond.
5. Relapse prevention planning to assist the family in generalizing lessons learned in the program.