March 24, 2014 | 12:00am CDT
Addressing the Needs of the Gay and Lesbian Community
With Paula Foster, LCSW
Paula D. Foster, MSW, LCSW, is a clinical supervisor and therapist with a seasoned background in social work for the gay and lesbian community and the field of HIV/AIDS. As part of this webinar, Paula will address the needs of the gay and lesbian community in a behavioral health setting as well as the population specific growth opportunities of the clinician. Paula will explain gay history and culture, discuss the issue of stigma in the community, and present strategies for the clinician when personal values seem to conflict with the core values of social work.
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- COVID-Related Stress and the Connection to Substance Use and Mental Health Issues
- Healing Bias and Racism in Recovery
- You’re Thinking About Addiction and Choice All Wrong
- From Public Health To Addiction Treatment: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy (IHRP) for…
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population