December 26, 2018 | 12:00am CST
Behavioral Health in the Digital Age
With Lisa Henderson, LPC-MHSP
The digital age has brought incredible advancements to healthcare delivery. Doctors can see a patient’s heart beating in real time. Oncologists can find cancer with liquid biopsies, as easy as taking blood rather than having to harvest a sample of the tumor directly. Biosensors can determine substance use relapses, and artificial intelligence can predict responses to treatment to cut down on the trial and error nature for pharmaceuticals and psychotherapies. But with all of these new technologies, we humans have to learn new skills and new boundaries. We must develop a framework for using technology to enhance human services, not replace them.
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- COVID-Related Stress and the Connection to Substance Use and Mental Health Issues
- Healing Bias and Racism in Recovery
- You’re Thinking About Addiction and Choice All Wrong
- From Public Health To Addiction Treatment: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy (IHRP) for…
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population