November 26, 2017 | 12:00am CST
Beyond Trauma: Proven and Effective Applications of EMDR
With Gary Hees
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) has burst into the mainstream of addiction treatment, bolstered by a growing interest in mind-body medicine approaches. EMDR is now on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices and is one of two recommended trauma therapies from the World Health Organization. It can be used in a non-invasive manner to promote important changes in patients’ thinking, but maximizing its potential requires skills in both EMDR therapy and addiction. This presentation discusses the origins and phases of treatment with EDMR, the advantages of combining EMDR with mindfulness, and various proven applications of EMDR addressing issues other than trauma, including addiction and other Obsessive-Compulsive conditions.
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- COVID-Related Stress and the Connection to Substance Use and Mental Health Issues
- You’re Thinking About Addiction and Choice All Wrong
- From Public Health To Addiction Treatment: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy (IHRP) for…
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population
- The Top 10 Tools for DIY Pain Management