August 26, 2017 | 12:00am CDT
Is the Cart Before the Horse: Failure to Launch and Substance Use Disorders
With Gary D. Hees MA, LPC
It may be time to question the current traditional treatment of substance use disorders and whether or not the efficacy of treatment of young adults could be increased by taking a more collaborative and developmental stance. Failure to launch is epidemic in young adults and, in most cases, co-occuring with a substance use disorder. This webinar presents a treatment model that helps young adults move from immaturity or delayed adolescence into independence / adulthood, including career planning, re-entry to college, job counseling, and personality development. This model helps young adults achieve the appropriate level of abstinence from substances while providing counselors a way to approach young adults in a collaborative, respectful, and firm manner.
Don't miss out on the next webinar. Join our email list!
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- The Role of Self in Psychotherapy: The Power of Vulnerability
- Breaking the Cycle: Intergenerational Trauma and Personality
- Why We Do What We Do: The Brain in Addiction Treatment
- Nurse Fatigue: You Don’t Have to Be a Nurse to Experience It
- Compassionate Recovery: A Universal, Inclusive, Trauma-Informed Approach to Healing from Attachments and…