March 26, 2018 | 12:00am CDT
Medication-Assisted Treatment vs. Abstinence-Based Treatment
With Chad Husted, LPC
The Substance Use Disorder field has been splintered for much of the last 50 years in regards to what is the most effective course of treatment for addiction: Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) or Abstinence-Based Treatment? The result is that both forms of treatment often continue to serve clients in a fragmented, non-integrated fashion. This presentation will explore the history of both MAT and Abstinence Based Treatment. The program will explore the outcomes associated with both types of treatment, the challenges and barriers that both forms of treatment face and experience and ultimately seek to present possible integrated solutions for clients suffering from substance use disorder
Don't miss out on the next webinar. Join our email list!
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- Breaking the Cycle: Intergenerational Trauma and Personality
- Why We Do What We Do: The Brain in Addiction Treatment
- Nurse Fatigue: You Don’t Have to Be a Nurse to Experience It
- Compassionate Recovery: A Universal, Inclusive, Trauma-Informed Approach to Healing from Attachments and…
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) in Addiction Treatment and Relapse Prevention