June 26, 2016 | 12:00am CDT
Overlooked “Taboo” in Addiction Treatment: Our Relationship with Money
With Paige Armstrong, MSW, LCSW
Show me the money! Money is a “taboo” topic for many people. Patients will often talk about abuse, trauma and sex before they ever mention the words money. Likewise, even the most skilled clinicians will become uncomfortable when discussing money with their patients, and miss the chance to help their patients heal. This webinar is an introduction to understanding how to help you and your patients develop non-threatening and non-judgmental ways to discuss issues that are blocking a healthy relationship with money. This webinar offers an opportunity to develop self-awareness as you explore your own money beliefs, habits and attitudes. Walk away with tools that you can implement in your next session, while also uncovering your own money blind spots.
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- COVID-Related Stress and the Connection to Substance Use and Mental Health Issues
- Healing Bias and Racism in Recovery
- You’re Thinking About Addiction and Choice All Wrong
- From Public Health To Addiction Treatment: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy (IHRP) for…
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population