March 26, 2017 | 12:00am CDT
Process Addictions: The Role of Medication Assisted Treatment
With Kirk Moberg, MD, PhD
Since the advent of disulfiram for alcoholism and methadone for opioid addiction there has been considerable activity to discover additional medications that can be utilized as part of a comprehensive treatment plan to treat substance use disorders. Many such medications have been synthesized. Some have an FDA indication and others do not. There is a much shorter list for which there are supporting data to treat process addictions. This presentation reviews clinical and neuro-biological aspects of process addictions and discuss current medications used to treat them.
Don't miss out on the next webinar. Join our email list!
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population
- The Top 10 Tools for DIY Pain Management
- Why Affirmative Treatment is an Imperative Component When Helping Your LGBTQ+ Clients…
- The Role of Self in Psychotherapy: The Power of Vulnerability
- Breaking the Cycle: Intergenerational Trauma and Personality