April 26, 2016 | 12:00am CDT
Trans 101: Making Treatment Safe for Transgender Clients
With Beck Gee-Cohen MA LADC
Understanding that gender is not binary is vital to helping clients recover. Helping those who do not subscribe to the gender binary and those who are questioning gender is an important skill for counselors. This workshop will help participants grasp basic concepts of gender outside the binary, help participants understand definitions of non-binary gender identity, and help participants gains basic knowledge of the difference between sexuality, gender, and expression.
Want to present a webinar?
Presenting helps you create awareness about current treatment techniques and new approaches, in addition to teaching others how to apply treatment methods to a specific population.
You’ll also gain exposure to a broader audience through a digital platform and receive recognition as an expert in your field. Your presentation benefits everyone involved.
- COVID-Related Stress and the Connection to Substance Use and Mental Health Issues
- Healing Bias and Racism in Recovery
- You’re Thinking About Addiction and Choice All Wrong
- From Public Health To Addiction Treatment: Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy (IHRP) for…
- Demographics, Trends, and Assessment of the LGBTQ+ Population