About Foundations Chicago
Employing Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other proven methods, we walk patients through a stages-of-change approach. The foundation of our program is a continuum of individual and group therapies, integrated educational sessions, case management and holistic approaches. Patients use the tools we provide to help them achieve their personal recovery goals.
Foundations Chicago Outpatient Brochure
Download the Foundations Chicago Outpatient brochure to learn more about the facility and treatment programs.Download Brochure
We begin with a customized care plan created to serve as a unique roadmap to recovery. Based on the patient’s individual needs, treatment may include family therapy, anger management sessions, physician-directed medication management, psychoeducational therapy and grief and loss sessions. Patients may also take advantage of our Intensive Outpatient Program and Partial Hospitalization Program.
The caring staff at Foundations Chicago fosters a compassionate and restorative environment that includes the Recovery Zone, complete with a patient lounge, videos, a lending library and Internet access. The entire process is designed to encourage and empower patients to rediscover themselves and leave equipped for a life of long-term recovery.
Take an interactive 360-degree virtual tour the Foundations Chicago outpatient campus to explore our facility.Begin Virtual Tour
Residential Rehabilitation Options
Refuge Recovery Flyer
Join us Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 and Mondays at Noon for Refuge Recovery - a Buddhist path to recovering from addiction.Download Flyer
Features and Amenities
- Centrally located in the most populous city in the Midwest
- Evidence-based therapies and mindfulness practices
- Holistic treatment services including art, massage and adventure therapies
- Recovery Zone with patient lounge, videos, lending library, Internet access and more
- Compassionate care in a nonjudgmental setting
- Integrated treatment for substance use and co-occurring mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, pain issues or psychological trauma
- Individualized care planning focused on the unique needs of each person
- Intensive Outpatient Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Physician-directed medication management
- Life Challenge program and nationwide Heroes in Recovery community
Pharmagenomic testing is a tool we utilize in the medication management portion of our treatment services. By understanding the unique genealogy and DNA complexities of the individual, the test results paint a picture of what psychotropic medications the individual would respond to favorably, unfavorably or reactively. This helps us eliminate medications that may not work well for an individual or could, in some cases, cause an adverse reaction. This is a tool used by the attending physician in conjuncture with the multidisciplinary team to provide the best recommendations possible regarding medication management or medical-assisted treatment. It serves to supplement our expertise and is not a replacement for the multidisciplinary approach. This tool also saves time and rounds of ineffective medication regimes, while decreasing the negative side effects of mis-medicating or overmedicating patients.
- Motivational Interviewing using a stages-of-change approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy skills
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Case management
- Individual and group therapy
- Specialty and process groups, meeting the needs of a diverse population (couples and family counseling, anger management, 12-Step meetings, psychoeducational groups and more)
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention and long-term success