About Skywood Recovery
Healing is within reach.
You have lived in the chaos that addiction causes. You have grappled with managing mental health conditions that others don’t seem to understand. Happiness seems impossible. Hope seems far away, and you’re at a loss for what to do. But whether you know it or not, you’re not at a dead end.
Your journey has just begun.
Under the skies of Augusta, Michigan, hope can be found on a pastoral campus situated among flourishing wildlife and tranquil greenery. Paved paths weave around fields, woodlands and ponds to each of the unique buildings that form Skywood Recovery. In such a place as this, all kinds of people can rediscover their authentic selves and begin a new life in recovery.
Does this sound like you or someone you love?
- “I lived my days controlled by drug use, when and where I could find my next hit…”
- “I spiraled into deep episodes of depression, and nothing mattered. Drinking was the only thing I had…”
- “I lived on the streets, I stayed at other people’s houses, whoever would take me in. I stole their money. Sometimes I was full of energy and wouldn’t sleep for days; then I would completely crash. I couldn’t get back on my feet…”
Maybe you’ve tried rehab before. Maybe you’ve tried several times. Your family is worn out—they may not understand your struggles to change. But the often fatal disease of addiction—which is commonly complicated by underlying mental health issues—requires a deep and continual commitment to recovery. This isn’t about just saying goodbye to drugs and alcohol; it’s about total transformation.
Skywood Recovery Facility Brochure
Download Skywood Recovery's brochure to learn more about the facility and treatment programs.Download Brochure
When you feel like you’ve tried everything, or you don’t know where to turn, we can help you.
Skywood is part of Foundations Recovery Network, a nationwide family of integrated treatment facilities. Our methods at Foundations are evidence-based and research-proven. According to SAMHSA, we are a “best practices” program, and some have even called us the “gold standard” in addiction treatment. After 11 federally funded research studies, including a three-year CSAT-funded study, we have developed our program of clinical practices that support real-life transformation.
But none of that matters if you don’t experience it firsthand.
Since 1995, we have helped thousands of people and their families find healing from addiction and mental health conditions. Imagine yourself saying some of the things that alumni of our treatment centers say:
“I never knew I was capable of the things that I do on a day to day basis now. I have moved from a lifetime of hiding indoors away from the world to embracing life and all that there is to gain. Before, I accepted what I was given and complained about what I did not have. Now I get out there and get it! Coming up on 60 days completely sober and I cannot remember a time in my life where I have felt this free. Having my anxiety in check has opened so many opportunities for me for the rest of my life.” – Jeff (The Oaks at La Paloma)
“Michael’s House has saved my life, over and over again. I cannot thank you enough.” – Patricia (Michael’s House)
“I learned so much at Black Bear, and I am using the skills that I learned throughout my day-to-day life. All of the staff, from the wonderful RAs to the nurses [and] the cooking staff, were always so nice and helpful. I am so glad that I chose Black Bear for my recovery facility.” – Deauna (Black Bear Lodge)
Video about Skywood Recovery
What’s Different About What We Do?
The Foundations system of care is focused on the whole person, treating mind, body and spirit for lasting recovery. The treatment experience at Skywood and our other treatment centers is comprehensive, compassionate and tailored for your specific needs.
At Skywood, you will receive an individualized treatment plan designed so that you can meet your own personal goals in recovery, step by step. We do full assessments to make sure we can accurately treat both your substance abuse and mental health conditions—and we want to understand the familial and social contexts that you bring to the table. Here’s a breakdown of what your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual experience with us would look like:
- Physical – Through detox and stabilization, we will assist you as your body readjusts to the absence of drugs and alcohol. Our consulting physicians and nursing staff will tend to your needs and monitor your symptoms. We also believe in nutrition and wellness, so you will enjoy nutritious, tasty meals on our campus, and we will teach you wellness practices that you can maintain at home. You will also be able to experience the richness of the flora and fauna on our site through adventure therapy, a low and high ropes course, equine therapy and meditative walks.
- Mental – We will be caring for your mental health through therapeutic venues, educational groups and psychiatric care. We use Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other proven methods to help you excel in recovery. Our consulting physicians will help you understand your condition and manage any necessary medications.
- Emotional – We will address grief, loss, anger, trauma and other important topics through groups and individual therapy. You will also be able to learn more about forming and sustaining healthy relationships, managing conflict and overcoming life’s obstacles. You will develop life skills that will help you maintain recovery once your time in treatment ends. In addition, you can participate in therapeutic projects through creative arts and experience healing with your loved ones through our family program.
- Spiritual – We encourage spiritual development, and each person gets to determine what that means for him or her. We will teach you the practices of yoga and meditation, and we also provide access to 12-Step meetings and other peer support groups for added solidarity through community.
Skywood is an extraordinary place that fosters healing through our staff, peer support and a restorative environment. At Foundations, our purpose is to create lifetime relationships for long-term recovery. You aren’t just experiencing rehab and treatment at Skywood; you’re developing the skills and relationships you need to propel you into a brand new life. Establishing this new life is also about finding ways to sustain it long past your days at the facility.
Here are some things that we want you to know about our philosophy at Skywood:
You are connected. There are no lone wolves in recovery. Just like how stars are part of constellations, you are inherently part of a network that reaches far beyond your imagination. You will have help, and be able to give back, as you achieve and pursue recovery.
Your destiny is waiting for you. Feeling guilty or ashamed of what your life should be—or hasn’t been—is holding back your future. Imagine living freely and taking hold of who you’re meant to be as you begin to reclaim your identity. Uncovering your destiny is what recovery is all about.
Healing does happen, and happiness is possible. The chances are great that you’ve overlooked the amount of restoration and gratitude that can happen in your life. Prepare to discover this again—or for the first time—as you embark on a journey of positive change.
Take the First Step
If you’re ready to take the first step toward recovery, contact us today. We can tell you more about Skywood and what the treatment process is like. Our admissions coordinators will help you find the best fit for your situation and can verify any insurance coverage benefits at no cost to you. Today can be the day that your life changes for the better. We’re ready when you are.