Foundations San Francisco Intensive Outpatient Treatment
Our intensive outpatient program is located in the Embarcadero building on a quiet street in beautiful downtown San Francisco. Everything for our IOP takes place in the same building: process groups, individual sessions, and holistic offerings, such as yoga, acupuncture and massage therapy. You can experience all of this while surrounded by calming views of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking, which is at a premium in the city, is also provided on-site.
Foundations San Francisco offers
- Masters-level therapists
- Masters-level and clinical psychologists
- Mindfulness Practice
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Skills development for relapse prevention
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Trauma-informed treatment
- Somatic experiencing
- Evening programs
- Creative Therapy
- Yoga Recovery Therapy
- Why are Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) important during COVID-19?
So you’re wanting to make a major change in your life by stopping the abuse of substances and regaining control over your actions and environment. Good for you! But wait, the world has shut down, you are sitting at home, perhaps you are furloughed, you’re stressed, worried, bored, maybe even afraid?
Why should you participate in a virtual, telehealth therapy program? What can an intensive outpatient program offer you now?
For starters, let’s acknowledge that no matter who you are or where you live, we are living in a very stressful time. According to the CDC, stress during an infectious disease outbreak can sometimes cause the following:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones, your financial situation or job, or loss of support services you rely on
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increased use of tobacco, and/or alcohol and other substances
- How can Foundations San Francisco IOP help you now?
Since most of us are staying home, having a daily routine with structure and support is vital, not only for your recovery but also for your overall health and wellbeing. Your weekly IOP schedule would include the following:
- A personal therapy session with your assigned therapist
- An initial session with our psychiatrist and then weekly check-ins on an as-needed basis
- We provide both day and evening programs for our clients 3-4 days a week. Day programing is from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and evening programs are from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Programs include evidence-based treatment modalities, meditation, mindfulness, yoga, and process groups.
- We also provide aftercare and alumni meetings
We can take away some of the self-isolating behaviors due to SIP by providing a safe and effective sober community and accountability while also giving you tools to decrease anxiety and depression. You don’t need to be working through your recovery alone. Let us help you regain your life back, especially now during COVID-19. Our trained and licensed therapists will guide you on your sobriety journey.