A purposeful plan for a healthy life
Our system of care includes detox, residential, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient treatment for addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. We also have transitional housing for men available. Everyone’s situation is different, so our team works with you to create an individualized treatment plan that’s just right for you. Through individual and group therapy and educational sessions, along with participation in art therapy, yoga and more, you have the opportunity to rediscover yourself.
Finding who you are meant to be
An oasis of healing and recovery, Michael’s House Treatment Center is nestled at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California. This beautiful desert setting is away from the hustle and bustle of the city but in close proximity to Los Angeles. Our warm, welcoming atmosphere will provide you with the support, compassion and education to address your specific recovery needs. In the process, you’ll also discover who you’re truly meant to be.
Levels of Care
- Medically supervised detox
- Residential treatment
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Types of Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) using the stages-of-change approach
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Trauma Resolution and other specialty support groups
- Extensive addiction assessments and psychiatric evaluation
- Intervention assistance, sober escort and travel support services
- Medication management directed by consulting physicians
- Development of constructive life skills
- Separate men’s and women’s treatment tracks
- LGBTQ+ groups
- Smoking cessation
- Holistic programs
- Adventure therapy program
- Relapse prevention and continuing care planning for long-term success
- Transitional Living
- Alumni program
Sally R. Lawes, EdS
Sally Lawes joins Michael’s House from The Oaks at La Paloma, located in Tennessee, where she served as Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director for two years. She brings with her a wide range of experience in substance use and mental health disorder treatment, including her most previous position as executive director of Pasadena Villa’s Smoky Mountain Lodge treatment center in East Tennessee. Prior to that, she served for nearly 15 years as a director, administrator, and counselor with Bradford Health Systems.
Born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Cleveland, Mississippi, Lawes earned her bachelor’s degree in English and her master’s degree in community counseling from Delta State University. Lawes earned her Educational Specialist degree in Counselor Education and Supervision from The University of Alabama and is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor in the state of Alabama.
She felt drawn to the world of behavioral healthcare because she is driven to make…