Chad Koller, MHA, MS
Chad Koller, MHA, MS, joined Skywood Recovery as CEO in February of 2019. He brings with him a wide range of experience in healthcare leadership, including his positions as national director of operations and business development for Core Medical Group and as executive director of Life of Purpose treatment center in South Florida. Prior to that, he served for several years across the healthcare field as a director of operations, director of case management and therapist. Chad has served in advisory positions at Florida Atlantic University and has been featured on Channel 5 news as an expert on the opioid epidemic.
Born in Chicago, Illinois, Koller earned his bachelor’s degree in community and public health from Middle Tennessee State University, his master’s degree in mental health counseling from Nova Southeastern University and his executive master’s degree in healthcare administration from Florida Atlantic University. He felt drawn to the world of…
Though the scenery changes with the seasons at Skywood Recovery, it remains beautiful all year round. Its cozy atmosphere and compassionate staff accommodates the healing and restoration that can happen during your stay. Alongside evidence-based treatment that helps you with co-occuring addiction and mental health issues, Skywood also has holistic offerings like art therapy and adventure therapy to help you reconnect with yourself.
Our treatment addresses your needs physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually:
- Physical – Through detox and stabilization, we will assist you as your body readjusts to the absence of drugs and alcohol. Our consulting physicians and nursing staff will tend to your needs and monitor your symptoms. We also believe nutrition plays a role in wellness, so you will enjoy nutritious, tasty meals on our campus, and we will teach you wellness practices that you can maintain at home. You will also be able to experience the richness of nature on our vast grounds.
- Mental – We will be caring for your mental health through therapeutic venues, educational groups and psychiatric care. We use Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other proven methods to help you excel in recovery. Our consulting physicians will help you understand your condition and manage any necessary medications.
- Emotional – We will address grief, loss, anger, trauma and other important topics through groups and individual therapy. You will also be able to learn more about forming and sustaining healthy relationships, managing conflict and overcoming life’s obstacles. You will develop life skills that will help you maintain recovery once you return home. In addition, you can participate in therapeutic projects through creative arts and experience healing with your loved ones through our family program.
- Spiritual – We encourage spiritual development, with each person determining what that means for him or her. We will teach you the practices of yoga and meditation, and we also provide access to 12-Step meetings and other peer support groups for added solidarity through community.
Levels of Care
- Medically managed detox
- Residential treatment
Types of Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Trauma-informed treatment
- Anger management
- Comprehensive behavioral health evaluations
- Art therapy
- Adventure therapy
- Relapse prevention and continuing care planning for long-term success
- Alumni program