Director of Clinical Services
Psychiatrist and Medical Director
Dr. Joel Morris
Lead Client Care Coordinator
Dr. Gary Berghoudian
At The Canyon, we provide an exquisite healing oasis for individuals seeking recovery in an outpatient setting. We engage the whole person in the healing process and extend an invitation for each client’s loved ones to be involved in treatment to build a solid foundation for lasting recovery.
An expert team of caring professionals provides support, structure and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every client receives an individually tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy, life skills classes and an integration of 12-Step principles. In addition, our holistic services staff works to improve each client’s physical, mental and spiritual well-being. This multidisciplinary team meets weekly to monitor the individual’s progress and determine the next therapeutic phase. Specific, measurable goals and objectives must be achieved by each client prior to discharge.
In The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program, you can enjoy freedom from day-to-day demands and stresses with the additional support and expert guidance from our professional staff.
Our clients seek us at various points along their journey to recovery:
- ENTRY-LEVEL: Many clients seek treatment in an effort to pre-empt the destructive spiral of addiction. Admission to The Canyon at Santa Monica’s outpatient program provides entry-level treatment without disrupting one’s daily life.
- AFTER RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT: Recently discharged from a residential treatment facility, these individuals wish to continue their recovery program with less structured therapy in a “real-life” setting.
- IN COLLABORATION WITH OTHER PROVIDERS: Some clients have been supported by individual therapists, family therapists, life coaches, interventionists, Employee Assistance Program providers, or legal support prior to their admission. The Canyon at Santa Monica’s team will work with the individual to maintain these supportive relationships for successful, lasting recovery.
The Canyon at Santa Monica is commited to addressing both substance abuse and mental health issues in all our clients. Our approach is nationally recognized for intensive research and the development of treatment models that can help clients to both understand and control their impulses to ensure long lasting recovery and growth.
We provide our clients with a wealth of knowledge, guidance and support, as well as individualized treatment plans that will set them up for success.
CORE ELEMENTS OF OUR TREATMENT PROGRAM
In order to meet the varying needs and interests of our clients, treatment at The Canyon is composed of a wide range of therapies and activities. You can choose from the following recovery resources:
- Individual and group therapy led by master’s- and doctoral-level consulting staff
- Specialized attention from a personal therapist
- Meditation sessions and spirituality groups
- Relapse prevention education and recovery coaching
- Holistic options including mindfulness, yoga and meditation therapy
- Alternative therapies including experiential therapy and expressive arts
- Family therapy
- Gender-specific and co-ed therapy groups
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Diverse educational groups on trauma resolution, building healthy boundaries, ending codependency and managing moods, grief/loss and anger
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
No two recovery journeys are the same. Our wide variety of offerings ensures you get the treatment you need. We want your specific path to lead to complete, long-term health.
As our clients change, our treatment programs change. Elements are added while others are removed allowing our clients to take charge of their mental health and their addictions, while building up a life that is both healthy and rewarding. It can be an amazing journey, and we’d like to help you to get started. Please call us at 424-610-8816 to find out more, or to schedule an intake appointment.